Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Summer Reminisce

Peace Be Upon You...



Obviously summer has gone and it is now Autumn in the UK. The weather here in Plymouth I can say it never really change because the weather for all four seasons kinda the same; windy, cloudy with loads of shower. And sometimes it can go like everyday nonstop and it really affect your mood when it's gloomy all day long looking at the weather outside. Well, like I've already mentioned in my previous post before, I went back to Malaysia for the summer break like I always do, you know plain simple. It would be impossible for me not to go home you know, because I never really stay away too long from my family. Family girl ya'lll ehehe. But unlike last year, I feel this year's summer holiday is the best one I had. To be frank, I;m not kinda person who travels  a lot when I'm back home and also a person who spend my time outside the house lepaking at mamaks or whatsoever because we don't have mamaks to begin with anyway. I live in kampung so obviously there are nothing like starbucks, oldtown, mamak nor karaoke booth. Just plain simple, a kampung with many kedai runcits and along the sawah padi field there is only one petrol pump that serves the whole daerah.But we live happily in this slow paced place and this is the life that I love. Then you may wonder what did I do at home when there is nothing special that I mentioned? Then I would answer I just sit at home doing nothing la. Well sometimes I did went out when my friends invited me to join them in Kota Bharu, where it is 20 kilos away from home.Since I don't have my own car at this moment so I depend a lot to theirs or take public transport where I can say kills me everytime because waiting for the bus to KB is like waiting for durian to fall off the trees. This is the place I spent my whole life and the place that shaped me to become who am I today. I've bent and broken here and bounce back to my original shape and it also happened here. All in all, I just wanna express my unconditional love to the small place where I came from. Compared to last year's summer holiday, this year I felt so reluctant to leave home. I'm so in love with my kampung that I cried several times before heading to KL to catch my flight. Unlike this year, last year I just felt that it was too boring to stay at home as I was too much infatuated with the new place called Plymouth. But after two years I realised that there will never be a place like home, I mean my real kampung. It is hot, humid, nothing special but I just can't explain my bond with my home that I feel like 3 years here is more than enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Plymouth, Devon, United Kingdom
Servant of Allah who try to better herself everyday.