Sunday, February 24, 2013

2 Days Away

Peace Be Upon You...

In the midst of all those busy-ness and commitments, I manage to run away for two days. Away from all the desk job staring at the laptop screen and pressing my brain for ideas and sentences. It was awesome really.
I went to Manchester on Tuesday and Wednesday after a very long time idling in my nest for almost 3 months. The last time I traveled was in early November to Paris. For winter break, I just sit in my room doing  nothing and boom three weeks pass in a blink of an eye. I feel wasted. Glad that my visit to Manchester was a great one despite the cold weather on first and super cold weather on the second phewww. 

Basically, it is a super fast visit to Manchester. One and a half day is not enough to cover the whole Manchester. Plus the journey from Plymouth to Manchester by bus indirect route took me a round 8 hours. And mind you the bus didn't make any stop at all ( even for gas or for toilet .. dies)

I boarded Megabus ( a cheap bus company in the UK) at 6.45 in the morning and arrived at Manchester Central Bus Station at around 3 in the afternoon. Arrived in Manchester that afternoon, I straight away went to wander at the city center to find whats in store for me. Basically the city is quite a big place to wander around in just a day. They have bus, train and tram that can get you to places and for me the tram is cool...well just to say that Plymouth does not operate trams hoho. Then at 5 pm I went around to find our hotel booked few days before and managed to relax for a little while before heading back to the city center to take few pictures.

Then the next day, in the morning I went to the famous Old Trafford Stadium. Not to watch a match coz there's no match on that day (sigh) and went for stadium tour instead. Well, for me...it was okay laa. But if compared to Real Madrid stadium in Santiago Barnebeu in Spain, this stadium is a tad smaller. Inside the stadium, it is covered in all reds..you know why :). After the stadium, I went back to the city center and wander some more, ate some kebab and head back to Plymouth at 4 pm and arrived home 15 minutes to 12 at night. Pheww..it was a brief visit but worth the money spend. A good thing to escape from dissertation for a while ^_^






No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Plymouth, Devon, United Kingdom
Servant of Allah who try to better herself everyday.