Thursday, November 3, 2011

Cornwall: By for Now

Peace Be Upon You


Last Tuesday was the last day for me to attend school for School Experience. We don't necessarily to teach kids but being there as guest to observe how the educator educate and most importantly control and manage the class. Clichedly I can say I gained lots of new insights at the school. Basically the cultural barrier does explains it all but it was such a very cool and awesome experience to have. Being in school majority of not our people is something really awe-inspiring and fantabulous. I and my other 2 friends were surrounded by all British people not Malay are no where to be found there. It is uncanny to this but I felt nothing like a more comfortable place to be than this Richard Lander school. Though the journey there was gruesome and exhaustingly tiring but the experience there was worth the pain. For ur information, I'm residing in Devon and the school is located in Cornwall, a state away from me. Never mention the journey as it is painstakingly not a nice thing to say as I need to get up very early in the morning to start my journey but luckily my university provided a car complete with a cool mister driver.There; not only the view, the meadows, the huge windmill thats awesome but also the friendly and helpful staff. They welcomed us with a very warm welcome I can say. Especially my supervisor at the school, never I met a very energetic and enthusiastic person like Pete, regardless in his class or outside his class. I managed to complete all the task given by the lecturers and luckily there are not mountains of thing to do really..just a small bunch of questions relating to what I've learned in class. Every class I entered has left a special feeling to me, be it a Humanities, Geography, Religious Education, Math nor French, but unfortunately I didn't manage enter any class of my major study..sad a bit but thats ok coz every class kinda cover it all anyway. Well ..not all things are heaven really, there were kids who misbehave in class, so on and so all. I learned a lot from those teachers on how they manged students behaviourism and will try my best to apply in the Malaysian context in the future. One thing that I will never forget was, I managed to hold mini demonstration about Malaysia in lunch hour for two consecutive weeks and it was really awesome thing as lots of kids came gather around us to play congkak and willingly sacrificed their hands to be henna'd by us.. those lovely kids are cool and what a funny thing was that some students were addicted by the congkak game that they asked the tutor not to enter class during assembly as to play it. Nice thing. There is this story of this one boy that came to me suddenly at the end of the session asking about all those things that we were doing. He is quite a chubby kids in year 7 or 8 maybe didn't asked him bout that. He seemed shy and talk softly and kept on asking me on the name of the game and wanted to play it but unfortunately for him, girls conquered the game till the end. i have a quick conversation with him and it was sad for me to hear his wish to come to Asia but his family can't afford to come here. I asked him whats about Asia that makes him wanna go there.."I saw huge toy factories, lots of them in China, so I really wanna go there" Upon hearing this, it feels funny but yeah he's still a kid so nothing wrong with that isn't it? I promised him to bring the game again the next week but still he didn't manage to play it...poor him. He came late to the demonstration on the next week and missed the henna session...at the end of lunch hour when the bell rang he came to me with his mother's signature in his book showing that he was allowed to try the henna...owhhh so cute that little thing really. It was late and nothing that I could do for him especially the henna part coz it took quite a time to do it so I quickly drew a heart with vines on his hand for remembrance. I really wish to see that boy again before I left the school last tuesday but unfortunately I didn't meet him anyway. So sad. And lastly before we depart from the school my supervisor did gave me something that is gonna be a wonderful treasure of mine. Pete gave the three of us a mini Venetian Mask as he visited Venice last week on the term break. And how cool is he to visit Venice every year..lots of money spent there..hohoh..Although I've already have it on my own when I visited Venice earlier this year but as a present that s/one else gave was different. Sad to say that I didn;t wish to go there again for the tiring journey but deep in my heart I've grew fond of the school and the people in there. Well..we'll see what my lecturer will say for the next Spring term..huuuhhh


A Venetian Mask from Pete fresh from Venice



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Plymouth, Devon, United Kingdom
Servant of Allah who try to better herself everyday.