Sunday, March 18, 2012

Picnic Time

Peace Be Upon You..

It looks a bit scary in the picture but truth be said; it is a beautiful place indeed

 Alhamdulillah, after few days of planning on having a picnic with bunch of friends, yesterday we got it accomplished. Nothing special with it really as I and my other friend planned to have it near the university not far from my house. It is a place where I always go to every evening while having a good walk alone or with a company. It’s a very peaceful place where not many people know its existence; more like a secret place I can say hehe. To reach there, we need to pass Derriford Hospital which is my favorite place for its peaceful and very beautiful gardens and ponds. Then we’ll enter the hospital’s park reserve where it have many trails that people can explore the beauty of the English forest. It really looks like the one in movies and films, and not to forget like the scenes in the series Merlin. Unlike forest in Malaysia, I really like parks and forest here because they don’t have the one creature that I fear the most; the blood sucking leech…eww. You can walk, crawl or even lay on the grass without having to worry something will invade your body without you noticing them doing discreetly.
The walk took about 20 minutes from my university using the shortest trail I knew because my friends who are not familiar with lots of walking tagging along. It would a hassle for them if they were to use the long trail as they were carrying food with them. Usually I like to use the longer trail because the view is more breathtaking but this not a jungle trekking anyway. It is obviously suppose to be a free willed picnic.
There is even a running brook along the trail. Wonderful
Arrived at the designated place
We arrived there slightly late that day because I had ‘usrah’ meeting in the morning. It ends at slightly after 12 and I need some time to prepare the food to be eaten during the picnic. I prepared the food the night before so I just need about half an hour to fry the spring rolls.
The journey there was a bit chilly because it rained that day. But that didn’t kill our mood to have a wonderful picnic time. The trail along the park reserve looks a bit like Narnia… a little creepy but awesome. The funny thing is, the supposedly interesting picnic turned into a serious talking session when my friends started talking about marriage and everything. Sigh!!!. What a thing..hehehe . 
The food. My friend's work of art.
My craft
The participants
Having a picnic but the topic of our conversation was about marriage hahaha. Anyway it is good to share thoughts and ideas about that thing. Then we also have Frisbee time. My first time ever to play Frisbee, and it was tiring I guess. To catch and chase that disc is not an easy task you know. Every time I throw them it won’t go to the direction that I wanted but stray into the jungle instead haha. It was a wonderful thing to do on Saturday when there was nothing more beneficial to do at home. I definitely would organize another picnic session when the sun is still shining now, coz you know it is now Spring time!!

The kids enjoying frisbee time
Group photo is a must
Heading back home
Some random beautiful purple flower it found on my way back home

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Plymouth, Devon, United Kingdom
Servant of Allah who try to better herself everyday.