Friday, June 17, 2011

Eden Project, A Heaven like Mission

Peace be Upon You...
Eden Project view 


Lately, I just wanna go wandering around places searching for a cool spot to visit because I will be going home in two weeks time. WeeHOOO. Yesterday, I managed to visit another wonderful tourist attraction not quite near my place called the Eden Project. Located a state away from where I live in, it took me one and half hour train journey to reach there but anyway it's worth to spend the time in the train. Unlike Keretapi Tanah Melayu that I used to ride to Kuala Lumpur that took nearly 13 hours of my day, trains in th UK  basically a little bit faster than that. Like any other natural man made attraction in any other places that I have visited, I first thought theres nothing interesting about this place except for they made a giant like green house called biomes to locate many sorts of trees and flora. Surprisingly, I found something near to heart here, sth thats very close to me which is my very own hometown, Malaysia. There are three (if i'm not mistaken) cocoon like biomes that were filled with varoius species of plant from all over the world. The coolest attraction was the Tropical house where in that place they displayed many tropical plant that they brought from non other than my own country Malaysia. I was soo proud to have seen that and they even have quite many things written in Malay as well. The most amazing thing was I can found some unusual plants were planted in the green house like bunga kantan, cashewnut tree/gajus (ketereh in kelantan), jambu air and lots more. Mind you lots of banana trees were scattered around the place, and I just felt like cutting the banana leaves and bring it back to Plymouth to make a wonderful nasik lemak wrapped in banana leave. The time I saw that bunga kantan blooming awesomely there, I felt like stealing it to make laksa penang. Funny enough that all the mat salleh that went there enjoy the nature in that very warm place but for me it only reminds me of various kind of delicious food in Malaysia. Something that I realised the very first step I made in there was, it is quite hot in there (30 degree) and it absolutely feels like Malaysia. As a native tropical season inhabitant, it just felt normal for me but for those English people, they really can't bear it. Not even halfway walking in the tropical biome, they are showered with sweat all over. Lucky me who have heat resistant body and mind hehehe. Lot of things to see in there and I can guarantee that you will not feel disappointed spending money to enter the place even though its quite expensive I can say. The wonderful thing that I like about that place is that I have been given a year free worth of entrance as I registered as  students that will be visiting again next time in a year time hehe. For those who want to visit Eden Project, you can borrow my ticket ye. The next place was the mediteranean house but for me it's kinda common as a lot of native English plants can be found in there like grapes, plums and peaches, tomatoes, olives and etc. Basically the tropical house is better than the mediteranean (so bias hehe). In spite of having a cool view in those two biomes I managed to wander around the place and visit the gift shop and bought some souvenirs to bring home soon. Overall the place is satisfactory for those who are nature lover like me and you can gain lots of new insights from the place. Hehhe


Lots of flowers to be taken pictures of
Plants for sales to make your very own garden of eden

From the side view
Cornwall is where the Eden Project located, also near the ever popular Lands End
Succulent types of plant
Proud to be Malaysian
There are lots of not so clever people throwing coins in the man made waterfall..aisshh ruginye duit tu
Malaysian currency is being used in England as well?? Hehe
Georgously blooming bunga kantan ready to be plucked and goes into  laksa penang  punye kuah.mwahaha
Lovely roses..lots of them in there
Eden Project

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Plymouth, Devon, United Kingdom
Servant of Allah who try to better herself everyday.