Friday, March 11, 2011

Studying with Locals: Pros and Cons

Assalamualaikum,
Monday is the only day in the week that I got to be in class with the locals. So weird isn't it? Datang belajar negara orang putih tp masuk kelas smua muka Melayu. Sebenarnya mengaji dengan orang Melayu best ape. Sbbnye kite dah kenal diorang ni. As for me, before I come here, I did a preparation for rwo years back in my hometown. Semua rakan2 sekelas dah kenal dgn baiknyer. Buruk baik perangai ngan tabiat pelik2 diorang semua dah tau dah. Bila datang sini x de masalah nak menyesuaikan diri sbbnye the all the classmates muka sama aje. Kadang2 tu datang jugak bosan, asyik2 muka diorang ni, hiihih. Sbb tu lah utk hilangkan rasa bosan tengok muka diorang ni saya g merayau city centre cuci mata hehehe (nampak sgt niat ke city tu x betol!!) OK Berbalik ke tajuk asal; ari isnin I need to attend elective class so it is the only opprtunity to mingle with the locals (not really actually). We Malaysian cannot run away from tagging along among ourselves. Even they don't bother about our whereabout. There aresome good points that I gathered from being in the same class with them though. They really do love to shout out their thoughts, differ a lot from us (maybe only some of us, me included la). We all lebih banyak think for ourselves quitely without spitting our thoughts out. Sometimes what they are saying is just the slightest thing but at the end of the class it did matter a lot.



For me, I ask questions a lot rather than giving my own thoughts on the issue. Like in the class of Introduction to Drama and Film that I went to with them, a lot of film extract been shown to us to ponder upon and to learn the difference between written work and screen play. Even the smallest thing such girl acting as boy gives them a lot ideas to talk about and it sometimes take up a lot of time of the class. Generally for me, I just could think how did they come up with those idea. It may first sounded such a stupid topic to talk about for such a long our but at the end when our professor elaborate on it, it did sounds logical and matter to what we are learning. Sometimes I really wish that I could have the creative minds that can grab everything and be critical on every matter. Unfortunately not all about them are great like what I've said above.


They are just doesn't care. In class, sometimes they talked among themselves and make stupid jokes and even the professor will stop and wait for them to stop. It does bother others and for us who always practise manner towards the teacher and the elder, it doesn't feel that good though. One more thing is about their size. Height size I mean. Everytime in lecture class, I purposely went a bit early than usual class not to park myself at the back benchers. But everytime I arrived most of them already filled the best front spot (they are early for some reason I still couldn't find out yet hehehe). Eventhough my class only consist of 50++ ppl but to sit at the back is not something I favour the most as my eyesight is not in it's greatest condition. The consequences of sitting behind them is that I only see their head, especially for the boys. Saya yang kemetot ni memang la x nampak apa2 bila duduk belakang diorang ni. Kalau waktu belajar memang susah nak kene menari ular leher belok kanan kiri nak tengok apa yg lecture tengah buat. Tp yg bagus nya pulak waktu lecturer tunjuk filem2 berunsur (ehem2) kepala diorang yg jd penghalang..bagus jugak sebenarnya) X menambah dosa saya hihih..




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Plymouth, Devon, United Kingdom
Servant of Allah who try to better herself everyday.