Thursday, March 17, 2011

School Again



Assalamualaikum,

Yesterday was the third time I went to school for this second term. Unlike last year that I had to attend primary school for 3 days and secondary school 2 times, this years it is interchangeable. I have finished two days observation in primary school which was the same school as last years; Penny Cross Primary and yesterday it was the time to experience life with slightly grown kid. What's interesting about yesterday was that I went to a new school and was a bit nervous about meeting new people. We got accepted my Westland School and it is located a state away from my place and of course the journey there was gruesome. What I can say about the school was awesome. It is a new school with 1673 students from year to year 13 which the same as 6 former in Malaysia. The surrounding is very beautiful and also the staff there. They are very friendly and welcomed us with a warm smile. I was a bit shocked by the way they treat us bcoz they were so particular on everything that we need and even printed our name on all 12 info pack to be given to us. Like every school that I went to, every staff received us well enough unfortunately not all the kids. Like all youth they are, very energetic and doesn't bother about others. I was given chance to observe year seven and I can say that they are not all grownup yet and the situation are slightly different from the big kid in year 12 and 13. They are not anymore friendly as primary schoolers but they are still tolerable as they are all excited when I did the recording of the lesson in the class. This is Year 7 students in Music Lesson.




The excited kids experimenting on the instruments

 Even I was nervous looking at all the tall students walking around the school alley. Absolutely we Malaysian seemed younger than they are. Pelajar2 tgktan 6 ni semuanye besa2 dan fesyen diorang pegi sekolah x payah la nak cakap.Cuma diorang je yg x pakai uniform (all other years must put on school uniform) dan memang lah susah nak differentiate mana satu pelajar mana satu cikgu. Unfortunately for one of us yesterday, she nearly got spat by one of the racist student there. Mmg kesian dia sbb x sedar tp nasib baik partner dia lelaki so boleh tolong tengok2 kan. Overall yesterday punye pengalaman kira seronok la sbb berpeluang pergi a different school and boleh tengok new environment and also a new students' behaviour that we can take note of. And right now I'm very nervous thinking of next week because I need to do a presentation about Malaysia to students from Year 12 and 13 which absolutely scares me by just looking at their ignorant faces..grrrrr!!!!


The super cool teacher playing an electric violin beautifully









No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Plymouth, Devon, United Kingdom
Servant of Allah who try to better herself everyday.